Crowns are often needed when a large cavity threatens the ongoing health of a tooth. A tooth-like crown made of porcelain is used to restore a tooth after the decay has been removed, commonly used after the root canal procedure. Crowns are also used to restore chipped teeth, broken teeth, gaps in teeth, and other damage. Also called “caps,” porcelain crowns resemble natural looking teeth in shape and color.
An approximate would be a total of 2-3 visits of 6-8 hours each. Trips and appointments required to complete the treatment are determined by the current condition of your teeth and amount of crowns that will be placed.
1st Trip Stage (3-4 days)
- The smile design is taken together before photographs, x-rays, oral evaluation, modules and treatment plan.
*Please keep in mind that this initial appointment can last between 5 to 6 hours.
- On the initial visit, a smile design (DSD) is needed to begin the procedure (A smile design is required when four (4) or more crowns are placed), which includes:
- Intraoral and extraoral images.
- Wax design.
- Gum line analysis.
If it's anywhere between one (1) to five (5) crowns it would only require two visits about 15 days apart from each other. If its more than 5 crowns a total of 20 business days would be needed for them to be ready before your 2nd appointment would be scheduled. (Currently this is the time for the dental labs, due to COVID regulations).
- 8 to 10 working days after the initial appointment for the placement of the crowns.
- Posterior (after) photographs are taken.
(The probability of a third appointment will be determined after the first visit).
Please note that if more than 4 crowns are placed a Digital Smile design is required which consists of intra-oral and extra-oral pictures, wax design and analysis of the gum line. The color, shape and size of your teeth is chosen by you with the Doctor and a consent is signed before having them cemented with your approval. We offer various tooth colors from natural enamel to Hollywood white.